Millions of Canadians need your help to manage excess weight and improve their health. If you are a health practitioner, researcher, policy maker or other professional working in obesity or a related area, this is the place for you.
When you join the Canadian Obesity Network, you gain access to the world’s largest integrated community dedicated to the prevention and treatment of obesity – a growing, dynamic network of professionals from across all related disciplines and sectors.
Membership is free, and signing up takes less than five minutes.
Join today and connect, share and learn about what we can do together to make Canada a healthier nation.
Psychiatrist interested in the metabolic consequences of psychiatric disorders and the mechanisms which subserve their co-occurence Dr. Roger McIntyre is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Pharmacology at the University of Toronto and Head of the Mood Disorders Psychopharmacology Unit at the University Health Network, Toronto, Canada.
- Being a part of a national network that facilitates the exchange of ideas, information and experiences to reduce the burden of obesity in Canada.
- A chance to influence the obesity field in Canada.
- Free subscriptions to CONDUIT magazine and newsletters; Free online resources and downloads; Search the online membership directory!
- Eligibility for CON-RCO awards; Eligibility for CON-RCO Committees, Working Groups and Expert Panels.
- Now even more benefits through the International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO) including:
- Discounted registration fees to all IASO events (which include the International Congress on Obesity (ICO), SCOPE Schools and Hot Topic Conferences, among others)
- Discounted subscription rates to IASO and IASO affiliated journals including Obesity Reviews, Clinical Obesity, Pediatric Obesity and the International Journal of Obesity
- Discounted subscription to the Specialist Certification of Obesity Professional Education (SCOPE) e-learning program which is the internationally recognized certification of expertise in obesity
- The opportunity to apply to be a National Fellow of the SCOPE program
- Access to the ‘Members Area’ on the IASO website providing valuable opportunities for networking, and resources on obesity prevalence, advocacy and international policies
- Opportunity to receive the Weekly News Brief an update on obesity and marketing in the news and the monthly newsletter